Monday, January 14, 2013

1/14/13

Gas

Lesson learned today about breast feeding.

So yesterday I tried to cook Beth and I a nice healthy meal. Always need to get some veggies in there to make it well balance right. So I cooked some brussel sprout in the frying pan bringing them to a nice golden brown. They were delicious.

So in case you didn't know, whatever Beth eats gets transferred to the baby through the milk. So when she called me up today to tell me that Brayden has not stopped crying all day and she thinks it is gas, I originally said "that can't be right". Being the detective that I am I traced back through everything that I thought she had eaten. Just when I had about given up... "OHH SNAP, I MADE THOSE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS BRUSSEL SPROUTS LAST NIGHT". I knew I was right because I too had a little bubble butt last night post meal.

I sprung into action remembering the "Dealing with Gas" section of the Dad Survival Guide book that my brother Ryan had got me. Then without hesitation deployed the gas relieving tactics that were described.. Within no time (a couple hours) I had Brayden cooing in his crib under an uncontrollable sleep.

Beth was extremely impressed. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment